Sunday, May 18, 2008

No More Margaritas


That's it... I am done with Margaritas. Two times in a row this spring they have knocked me sideways, and left me blacked-out drunk. And on neither occassion did I actually imbibe very many of these delicious blends of tequila, triple sec, and lime juice.
The first time I lost my virtue to this devilish drink was on the opening night of GTA IV at my apartment... all I remember of that night was that the cops and pedestrians were quite a bit more aggressive than in GTA III, and I found myself continually running for my life. Running from mere pedestrians, rather than gleefully destroying them without fear of reprecussions... this Liberty City was going to be a challenege. But very soon I let Will Smallman take full control of the game, becuase I couldn't seem to stay focused enough to even run away succesfully. Keep in mind, I only had 3 or 4 margaritas that night, and that is a fraction of my normal consumption of alcohol. But the proof of the margarita's newly corrosive affects on my mind and body were abundantly clear as I quickly lost control of both mind and body, and both suffered painfully all of the next day.
(This was the day I wrote my final paper for my Literary Theory class... for which I recieved an A, which is wonderful and surprising, and either says a lot about what passes for Literary Theory, or for my ability to write with a hangover.)
Then this Friday night, which was the last night of the regular semester operations, I visited the Heights Bar&Grill near Columbia University, ran into some co-workers and staff, and again lost my mind to margaritas. I also lost my new Razor phone becuase of those nasty South-of-the-Border monsters, and have no idea how I ended up in a cab heading downtown several hours later. Again, I was caught off guard becuse I only had a few... and in between the GTA night and the Heights night I have drank all sorts of different types of drinks on numerous occassions with no problem... but after years of enjoying pitchers of margaritas on warm summer days, they have decided to exact their revenge. Is it the triple sec, the tequila, the lime juice? No matter, I'm done.
So that's it... I'm swearing them off, and will never touch another margarita again.
Now, who wants a mojito?

No comments: