Monday, May 19, 2008

Do I have to put my handcuffs on you momma?



Well, I just read about a popular new trend in Christendom... the Purity Ball. Fathers and their daughters go and eat a nice dinner, pray for each other's sexual purity, and then dance the night away in front of a large wooden cross. 

I am not making this stuff up...

And all I am wondering is why we've given up on the most effective means of sexual purity... handcuffs and chastity belts. 

I must admit that after reading "Discipline and Punish" and "Genealogy of Morals", physical restraints seem a lot less creepy, and a good deal more honest, than spiritual constraints. 

At least the body is an actual physical reality that cannot be denied, as opposed to the metaphysical construct of the soul which it can be argued is an invented concept used to dominate the populace through morality/karma policing.

But no need to get esoteric about this.... lets all remember what George Clinton taught us; sometimes the threat of physical restraint should be enough:

"Do I have to put my handcuffs on you mama,
do I have to keep you under lock and key?
Do I have to put my handcuffs on you mama?
Now we both know that's not how it should be!" - Parliment

4 comments:

Mrs. Fix said...

Then you get married and the song continues "If I have to keep you barefoot and pregnant..." That's what Fix did to me last summer! :)

RB said...

Five in five? :)

fisherdm said...

I find the whole Colorado Springs scene a bit cultish, and this dancing at the foot of a mock-cross is a perfect example of the type of foolishness I find so strange.

Anonymous said...

That is so effed up I can't even tell you. That CREEPS ME OUT. That seriously plays way too much havoc with the boundaries between father and daughter. I sure as hell am not praying for my father's sexual purity and I DON'T want him praying for mine. Oh lord this makes queasy. My sexuality and sexual choices are my own and NOBODY'S DAMN BIDNESS except my partner's, thank you very much.