Sunday, February 10, 2008

Snezan's Birthday

Snezan's Birthday

A wonderful dinner party at North East Kingdom, located in
Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Janie joined Jessica and I in 
celebrating with Dawn and Snezan, on the occasion of Snezan's
27th birthday.

Or we joined Janie...

I didn't mean to imply that only singles join up with couples
and not the other way around. I could have written it
either way, and I would not have been trying to attach any
specific meaning of partiality by the order of the phrasing,
know what I mean? 

Anyway, moving on...

We ate nice food, drank many drinks, and had a stranger 
passionately accost us when I gave Snezan an old copy of "Finite 
and Infinite Games" by James P. Carse. She held the belief that 
he was the greatest game theorist of our time... I thought it 
was just a cleverly titled book with little to say beyond its first
10 pages, but that Snezan would enjoy it for what it was.

All in all, a lovely night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dood. hi. -jon collins

Unknown said...

or, rather, email me at jonwcollins [at] hotmail

RB said...

From SNEZAN, off of YELP:

Northeast Kingdom
Category: American (Traditional)
Neighborhood: Brooklyn/Bushwick

it was the night of my birthday... a date that will be etched in stone. Robert had, rightly, liquored me up properly before we had gone anywhere to be honest, and then, after walking through the apocalyptic setting of Evergreen & Melrose, pulled me into the Austrian country inn setting of Northeast Kingdom.
The below barman poured whiskey over the two of us, while the utter tarts that we had found on the street joining us contented themselves with fancy martinis and drink concoctions. I didn't care, some fool had gotten ahold of my wallets, and there was nothing in it, nothing I say.
Homesick, I found myself yelling in German to the owners, they seemed to understand, we laughed some more over American restaurants, HAHA.
It was time to eat. The meal was pleasant, until Robert, that ever trickster, dropped a bombshell on our table. I leaped onto the top, plates were being smashed around us, we grappled like two arctic bears in deadly contest over a steaming pile of arctic char with delicate roasted potatoes. The scene was getting rough, there were red and black colors shifting around me, the periscope tie was constricted around my neck like a boa, we were about to smash the table, Robert was spitting glass shards at me when someone stepped and saved the situation.
She pointed to the bomb still lying on the table under our feet, a dog eared copy of "Finite and Infinite Games" by James Carse and asked us: Is that James P. Carse?
Silence fell... my mouth filled with blood over the spat, I looked over to Robert and wondered, can you talk?
At first only a bellow seemed to escape from his mouth... and then... everything was content,
the night fixed a smile on its face. We passed the evening with conversation, the two ladies of the night turned out to be ladies of the day, and at the end... the owners of the place let us come back.
02/26/2008