Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Best Superbowl since 1987

Superbowl 2008 2/9/08 10:31 PM


I remember when Doug Williams brought the Redskins 
storming back to victory in the second half of 
Superbowl XXII against the Broncos. It seemed like the 
clearest example, in my young life so far, of Good 
triumphing over Evil. Because, as we all know, that 
arrogant and overly-praised John Elway was the 
Devil Incarnate.

Now, I wouldn't say that Tom Brady was pure Evil, 
or that Eli Manning was pure Good,but when Manning
scrambled out of that near tackle near the end of the 
fourth quarter, to make that Throw, which resulted in
that Catch... well, lets just say it was a very special 
moment for all of us on the side of Truth and Justice,
and leave it at that.

To give a little biographical context... in 1987 I was 
sitting at home with my mother, who graciously 
watched the game with me, and even got caught up
in the excitement of it with me. This year I was able
to have some of my best friends around for the 
game, Will and Christel and baby Geneva (who was 
here last year, but couldn't really watch the game),
Snezan, and my constant companion, the lovely 
Sicilian, Ms.Filippi. 

Thank you all for indulging in my once a year Football
Party. You are all welcome to come again next year...
when the Bears will rise again, to win it all... Go Bears!

No comments: