Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Perfect Fit

A few days ago on the 10th floor of Lord and Taylor I put a pair of these short boots on my feet. I didn't want to, they aren't really what I would call "my style"... as though I had a style I could call my own... my current clothing choices add up to more of an aesthetic whole that would be best described as "avoiding the necessary time and effort and money needed to acquire an actual style". Anyway... I put these shoes on, and they fit me like the knowing and comforting embrace of a lover who knows how to be with you and yet simultaneously give you your own space. Even if you don't have the money to purchase a pair of these (as I do not), I highly recommend that you try them on. I'll see you on the 10th floor.

-Addendum: 12/8/07 I purchased a pair of Kenneth Cole shoes similar to these, and they are quite comfy and stylish and I am very happy with them. A few years down the road, perhaps I will then heed the siren call of the Bruno Magli... but not now, not today.

1 comment:

fisherdm said...

I hate materialism, don't get me wrong, but when I walk down the street in my Brunomagli, pointed tow loafers, I feel like a golden god.

So go on, indulge, you don't have any kids, buy the boots.